Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Bit of ' Healthy' Rivalry

I remember that day as if it was the dawn of today. Sunny skies, celebrations and a bit of 'healthy' rivalry. It was the annual cricket match, perhaps the second oldest in the world. Blue and yellow flags, Black and Blue flags, papare bands, hoarse throats shouting R-O-Y-A-L, and some ETOH induced merriment. 

I was there, with a friend and we were together at a match after a long time. Everyone was dancing in a frenzy and another batch mate comes up to me and says,
" I need to talk to you after the match machan" and I replied saying " Okay".
.
I obviously had no clue. The celebrations went on and intoxicants played the merry devil on the minds of some spectators rendering them incoherent animals covered in their own stinking puke. 

The match ended and the boys of Reed Avenue lost, but we ran out into the field to celebrate anyway.
And... WHAM! A fleeting fist and the next thing I know a resounding slap on my right cheek. And that was it. I was dazed and out of it for a minute or two. 





1 comment:

Borrowed Dust said...

I nbeed the rest of the story.